Internal Research Applications - Submission Deadlines
Untenured Faculty Research Initiative (UFRI) - January 15, 2018
Students Partnering with Faculty (SpF) - January 30, 2018
Released Time for Research & Creative Works (RTR) - January 31, 2018
Foundation Faculty Research Awards (FFRA) - February 28, 2018
The mission of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) is to grow the research enterprise throughout the University with an emphasis on faculty-student research and a focus on securing external funding.
The ORSP provides leadership and support to assist faculty and staff to compete successfully for external funding to conduct research and scholarship; engage in creative work; develop curriculum; advance student learning, aid recruitment and retention; and, support campus programming and community outreach. In addition to external grants and contracts administration, ORSP administers internal research awards, provides oversight for sponsored programs, and ensures compliance with applicable Federal, State, and University policies and regulations including research involving human subjects. The ORSP provides resources and support for faculty to engage students in research projects and is a source of information for students interested in pursuing research opportunities.
Current Grant Opportunities
The dates shown below are the dates proposal documents are due to ORSP. All proposal documents must be submitted to ORSP a minimum of 7 days before the funder’s due date.
- Sigma Theta Tau - due 11/24/17
- Study of the US Institutes for Secondary Educators - due 12/15/17
- NEH - Media Projects: Development Grant - due 12/20/17
- Caplan Foundation- Early Childhood Research - due 01/24/18
- NSF - Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace - Deadlines vary according to the size of the project. Please contact email@example.com for more info.
- Carnegie Corporation - Leadership and Teaching to Advance Learning - Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
- NSF- International Research Experience for Students (IRES) - Please contact email@example.com for due dates and to apply.
- NSF- Research Traineeship Program - Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for due dates and to apply
- Facilitating Wellness in Urban-Dwelling, Low-Income Older Adults Through Community Mobility:A Mixed-Methods Study
- Undergraduate Learning from the Ground Up: Linking Belowground and Aboveground Diversity in Costa Rica
- Phonological Patterns in Dominican Spanish-English Bilingual Preschoolers: Implications for Assessment