The mission of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) is to grow the research enterprise throughout the University with an emphasis on faculty-student research and a focus on securing external funding.
The ORSP provides leadership and support to assist faculty and staff to compete successfully for external funding to conduct research and scholarship; engage in creative work; develop curriculum; advance student learning, aid recruitment and retention; and, support campus programming and community outreach. In addition to external grants and contracts administration, ORSP administers internal research awards, provides oversight for sponsored programs, and ensures compliance with applicable Federal, State, and University policies and regulations including research involving human subjects. The ORSP provides resources and support for faculty to engage students in research projects and is a source of information for students interested in pursuing research opportunities.
Current Grant Opportunities
The dates shown below are the dates proposal documents are due to ORSP. All proposal documents must be submitted to ORSP a minimum of 7 days before the funder’s due date.
- NSF - International Research Experience for Students - due 8/8/17
- NSF - CISE Infrastructure - due 11/1/17
Foundations and Corporations
- Sigma Theta Tau International - Focus on Simulation in Nursing Education - due 6/24/17
- Spencer Foundation - Education Research - due 7/27/17
- Whitehall Foundation - Basic Biological Research - LOI due 10/1/2017