African Heritage Graduation Ceremony
Concerned Black Personnel presents
The 27th Annual African Heritage Graduation Ceremony
Saturday, May 11, 2013
4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
HONGERA TO THE CLASS OF 2013!!!
The 2013 African Heritage Graduation Ceremony includes undergraduates, graduates and doctorates from January and candidates who have filed for graduation in May and August. This ceremony is a cultural celebration which family, friends and the Kean community come together to honor students’ personal success and academic achievements in the spirit and traditions of our African culture.
Tickets are not necessary to attend the ceremony. It is open to the Kean Community and to the public. However, online pre-registration of all participating graduates will be required. If you have not registered, please click the link below:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR Graduates
Please arrive at Wilkins Theater no later than 2:45 p.m. wearing your African Attire and proceed to the Graduate Registration, Room 143 in Wilkins Theater to prepare for your processional lineup. You will prepare for processional lineup by signing in, obtaining your graduate card, taking your graduate photo (optional) and gathering with your fellow graduates in your assigned areas. There, you will be directed by a Kean Faculty or Staff member, who will be wearing authorized A.F.H.G committee badges. Graduate Lineup which will begin promptly at 3:30 p.m. The procession will follow at 3:50 p.m. No guests will be allowed in the graduate room or lineup area.
Monday, April 22, by midnight:
- Deadline to submit an online application to participate in the African
Heritage Graduation Ceremony.
Registration will close at midnight, Eastern time.
- Order your Graduate Packet (online).
- Submit your personalized acknowledgement and future goals message.
Friday, April 26, by 5 p.m.
- Deadline to purchase a Graduate packet.
Please make your checks and money order payments payable to: "Kean University"
on the memo line: “C.B.P-African Heritage Graduation Ceremony”
Tips for a memorable and safe ceremony
- Please plan accordingly and allow plenty of time to arrive at the venue no later than 2:45 pm.
- Please remember to wear your African Attire to the ceremony.
- Since part of the ceremony will include walking of stairs, we recommend that you wear comfortable flat to low heel shoes.
- Please follow the instructions of the A.F.H.G. volunteers and staff who will be wearing Committee Badges. They are there to make sure that the event proceeds in an orderly fashion.
- Never leave your belongings unattended.
- Please be courteous and turn off all electronic devices.
- Do not leave the theater until the ceremony is completed.
- No outside food, beverages, coolers, bottles or cans will be allowed inside Wilkins Theater.
Click here for a list of garment vendors. Some are offering discounts for your outfits if you mention “KEAN UNIVERSITY-AFRICAN HERITAGE GRADUATION".
Faculty and Staff Information
begins at 3:50 p.m. Faculty and Staff members should arrive no later
than 3:15 p.m. wearing African Attire (optional) and preparing for the
Please email your response by providing your full name, your title, your college or school and department to Ms. Lisia Aikens at email@example.com, no later than Friday, April 12.