Pick your "Home Away from Home" for Fall 2017
Room selection is the process in which current Kean University Students, current residents and commuters, get to choose their own room for the upcoming year. Click the picture below to read the Room Selection Guidebook.
New this year
- Sozio Hall will be the 10-month Building. Sozio Hall will be open from September until May. Students wishing to stay on campus during the winter break can do so for an additional charge. These students do not need to be registered for winter housing. Student athletes, international students, and students taking winter classes are highly encouraged to live in this building.
- Graduate Student Housing will be on the 6th floor of Sozio Hall
- Transfer Student Housing will be on the 6th floor of Bartlett Hall.
- Students that select the Triple Option Room will get to select first.
- There will be a very limited number of singles. The optional buy-out single will not be available to pick during the room selection process.
- Roommate Social- Sunday, March 12, 2017 for any student that sumbitted an application but did not select a roommate.
3 Step Process
Students can live with up to 5 other students. Roommates must be of the same gender. You will need your roommate/suitemates KeanWIse User information so that you can add them to your housing application. We will be having a roommate social for any student that submits their housing applicaion but did not request a roommate. The social will be on Sunday, March 12, 2017.
- Log into your KeanWIse account
- Click the “Student” tab
- Under the “Residence Life” heading click on the “Housing Application (16/FA)” link
- Read the Terms of the Contract and click submit.
- Verify all of your information is correct. If any personal information is not correct, please contact the Registrar’s Office located in the Administration Building.
- Select and prioritize the type of room you would like to live in.
- Select your personal preferences
- Add your roommates/suitemates KeanWise Username.
- Complete payment.
Credit card payment
Students choosing this option will need to complete the transaction in the application to submit the application. There is a $3.75 convenience charge to use this option. Note that bank or debit cards are not accepted.
Deferment Payment (Check or Bank Card)
Students choosing this option will have the $125 housing application fee charged onto their fall 2017 university bill. This is a non-refundable fee that the student is responsible to pay.
Students are encouraged to make the payment as soon as possible. To pay the deferred application fee, students will need to go to their “View/Pay my bill on KeanWise. There is a $3.45 convenience fee for students that pay by credit/bank cards. There is no convenience fee for payment made by e-check.
The application will not be considered complete until the payment option is selected. All applications must be completed by 4:00 p.m., Friday, March 3, 2017. Upperclass Students that apply after the deadline will not be able to participate in Room Selection. They will be added to a waiting list and assigned when a space becomes available.
All students that submit their housing applications by the deadline will receive a room reservation appointment. All appointment times will be e-mailed to the student’s Kean University e-mail address.. If you have class at the time of your appointment you have several options. You can have your selected roommate or a friend complete the room selection process for you or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and request a later appointment time.
RoomReservation will take place on Wednesday, March 15 and Thursday, March 16.
It is done as a group priority process. The first priority goes to group size.
- All Groups of 5 with the triple option - 1st Priority
- All Groups of 3 with the triple option- 2nd priority
- All Groups of 6 & 5- 3nd priority
- All Groups of 4- 4rd priority
- All Groups of 2- 5th priority
- All Groups of 3- 6th priority
- All individuals – 7th priority
The second priority is class ranking. The number of credits you have completed by December 2016 determines how many points your group gets. Groups with the highest number of points will have the highest priority to pick within the group size.
|Class Rank||Completed Credits||Points|
Application Preference Change Form- use this form to update your housing application once it has been submitted. All changes must be made by 4:00 p.m. March 3, 2017