On Campus Room Change
If you are interested in making an apartment/room change into a vacant room for the Spring 2015 semester (even going from "A" to "B" or "B" to "A" in the apartments), you should attend ROOM CHANGE DAY on Tuesday, February 3, 2015 in the New Freshman Residence Hall Multipurpose room between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Please note that if you are moving from different styles of housing, a cost difference will be added or deducted to your account that could range from $202.09 to $1,111.88. If there is a balance in your account due to the room change, you will need to pay the difference the same day before the move will be permitted.
What Do I Have To Do?
Be prepared and come with a plan! Talk to your friends and make plans for switching and swapping rooms. Once you have worked out all of the details with each other, come on Tuesday, February 3, 2015 and let the Office of Residential Student Services know your plan. All people involved in room changes/switches must be present at the same time.
**During room change day, you will receive a “Request for Room Change form.” Students must keep these forms in order to move into their new spaces.
When can I move into my new room?
After students have completed a room change, they have two options for moving into their new space:
- Students may switch rooms before the end of the semester via their respective community centers on Tuesday, February 3, 2015 between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. via their respective Community Centers or through the RA on duty from 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. All moves must be completed by 5:00 p.m. Thursday, February 5, 2015.
** In order to move in to your new space, you must present the "Request for Room Change form" to the Residential Student Staff members of the buildings they are moving out of and into. If you lose this form, your room change request will be voided.**
Important Things to Remember…
- You MUST bring Kean University picture identification to room change day.
- Students who misplace their Request for Room Change Form will forfeit their room change request.
- When switching with other people, all people involved must be present at the same time.
- If there is a balance in your account due to the room change, you will need to pay the difference by the Tuesday February 3, 2015 as part of your spring semester University bill.
- Questions? Ask your Residence Hall Director or contact your RA. You may also contact the Office of Residential Student Services at 908-737-6800 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org