The Office of Residential Student Services provides housing for full-time graduate students. Our residence halls are communities where students can explore new ideas, meet other graduate students, engage in responsible
behavior and build life-long friendships, memories and connections while living independently.
Why Live On Campus?
The Office of Residential Student Services offers quality services that will enhance student success and fosters individual growth. Some of the ammenities provided in the housing charge:
- 24-hour security
- Wired and wireless internet access
- 24-hour computer lab
- Cable televison (over 100 channels including 5 premium channels)
- Community kitchen
- Coinless laundrymat style laundry rooms convienently located within the building
- Self controlled heat and air conditioning
- Free shuttle services to the Mills at Jersey Gardens (formerly Jersey Gardens Mall), Target, Walmat and area grocery stores
- Free telephone service for incoming calls and outgoing calls on campus
- Free weekly delivery of the Star-Ledger, New York Times and USA Today in building lobby
- Accessibility to Univerisity recreational facilities
- Access to different eateries on campus including an all you care to eat dining hall, ala carte food court, healthy cafe options as well as Starbucks
- Maintenance free
The Office of Residential Student Services houses graduate students on the sixth floor of Sozio Hall. Sozio Hall is the 10-month building and open during winter break. We also offer housing for graduate students during the summer. Students entering the Doctoral programs often live on campus during their first summer enrolled at Kean University.
Apartments have two bedrooms that accommodate two students per bedroom, one private bathroom and a living room/kitchen area.
Graduate students have the option to live in single occupancy rooms. There are still two bedrooms per apartment. A student living in a single will be in the bedromm by him/herself.
Room and Living Room Setup
Each bedroom comes furnished with a bed, wardrobe, desk, and a desk chair for each occupant.
- The living room area is furnished with one three seat couch and one single-seat couch, two end tables and a TV stand.
- The kitchen area is furnished with a square dining table, four chairs, a full-size refrigerator, cabinet storage space, sink area and a microwave unit.
- A community kitchen is located on the first floor of the residence hall and consists of two stoves, a toaster oven, coffee maker, couches and a large flat-panel TV.
Apply for Graduate Housing
To learn how to apply online for graduate housing, please click here.