What is undergraduate research?
An inquiry or investigation by an undergraduate student that makes an original, intellectual, or creative contribution to the discipline.
How do we help students?
- The Undergraduate Research Opportunities section of the ORSP website is a current source of information for students interested in pursuing research opportunities on the Kean campus, nationally, or internationally.
- ORSP provides information on fellowships, external scholarships, and post-graduate internships, and assists applications by Kean students for nationally competitive fellowships.
- ORSP provides resources to students on how to publish and present undergraduate research.
- ORSP provides training and information for students in the Responsible Conduct of Research and Protecting Human Research Participants.
- ORSP supports opportunities for faculty-mentored undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activities. Notably, ORSP administers the Students Partnering with Faculty (SpF) Summer Research Program.
- ORSP hosts University Research Days, a two-day annual event held in April, which celebrates student and faculty research and creative activities, and gives students the opportunity to present their research and creative work to the broader university community.