Federal Work Study (FWS)
The FWS program provides part-time employment to students with financial need (as determined by the FAFSA). Their earnings are intended to help meet their costs of education. The program encourages students receiving FWS assistance to participate in community service activities. The process for a student to be considered for a FWS position is outlined below:
FWS positions are available only to students eligible for financial aid.
- Complete all federal verification requirements (if applicable).
- Have "financial need" as defined by federal financial aid criteria.
- Submit FAFSA.
- Meet standards for SAP.
- Register as a matriculating student.
FWS Application Process:
- Please submit the FWS Application to the Office of Financial Aid.
- If eligible, you will be notified by the FWS coordinator and referred to a department for an interview.
- If selected by the department, you will schedule a follow-up appointment with the FWS coordinator to complete necessary paperwork.
- For more information, please see our Employment Agreement form.
There are a limited number of available jobs and the positions fill quickly.
Available FWS jobs for 2016-2017 include:
- General Office Work
- Off Campus Based Community Service Positions
- Event Staff
- Research Assistants
- Computer Lab Attendants
- Some positions may not be available at the time your interview is held.
*Please note: All FWS positions are part-time with a maximum of 20 hours per week. All positions will remain open until filled.