Online Writing Support
If visiting the Writing Center for a session is logistically impractical, we now offer online writing support for all Kean students, faculty, and staff.
We offer two types of online support:
ONLINE TUTORING: In this real time meeting, you share your work in one panel while chatting with the coach in a side panel. This type of support is designed for targeted feedback on work in the earlier stages of the writing process. Not recommended for formatting questions as all formatting is lost when the document is pasted into our interactive whiteboard.
- stable internet connection
- quiet, distraction free space
E-TUTORING: For this asynchronous session, you simply attach your paper in the appointment dialogue box. A writing coach will review your work and provide feedback to guide your revisions. This essay review service is recommended for complete (or nearly complete) drafts. Generally, the writing coach will return the paper with comments within the following time-frame depending on demand:
- 1-8 pages 24 hours
- 8-16 pages 48 hours
- 18-20 pages 4 days
- Register for an account using your Kean email.
- Log in to mywconline.
- Schedule an appointment during ab available date/time.
- Fill out the appointment information.
- Select "make an appointment" at the bottom of the page.
- In the confirmation page, attach your assignment sheet ***If making an e-tutoring appointment, remember to attach your draft.***