- Entered Active duty after June 30, 1985.
- Served either 3 years continuously -or- 2 years of active duty before 4 years of Selected Reserve.
- Must have elected to pay $1200 in the first year of military service.
More information may be found at:
Benefit Payments for Chapter 30
- A monthly stipend based on rate of pursuit (full-time, ¾ time, ½ time, less than ½ time) will be provided for a 36 month period.
- The other stipend rates based on rate of pursuit can be found at:
Please visit the link for individual rates:
Length of Chapter 30 Eligibility
Entitlement for Chapter 30 will last as long as it takes for the completion of the 36 month benefit period, or 10 years after release from active duty. If the entitlement expires during the term, it may extend until the end of the term.
How to Get Certified for Chapter 30
We will require the following documents:
- VA Form 22-1990 (if student has never used/applied for benefit before)
Download this form (PDF)
- VA Form 22-1995 (if student has used benefit before, transferring from another institution) Download this form (PDF)
Please notice the following information:
- Students must apply for VA benefits. As soon as you receive your approval, submit all required documents to the Kean University Office of Veteran’s Services on the second floor of the CAS building room 208.
- Every semester, you must visit the VA office for in-person enrollment.