The Kean University Alumni Association's purpose is to promote the growth, status, and mission of the University; to act as a liaison between the alumni and the University community; and to develop alumni services as a means of encouraging alumni to maintain a continuing relationship with the University, its students, programs, and events. The mission of the Alumni Association is to foster alumni loyalty, involvement, and support.
The Alumni Association is governed by a 24-member Executive Board, broadly representative of the whole alumni body. This elected group of dedicated alumni volunteers consists of individuals whose lives have been enriched by Kean University, who take pride in their university's accomplishments, and who wish to maintain a strong personal and professional tie with their alma mater. The Association's Executive Board and its committees meet regularly in the Ruth Horowitz Alumni House to plan programs and interact with the University community. The Alumni Association works jointly with the University to offer a wide variety of programs, activities and services to encourage continued alumni involvement.
Alumni Association Board Committees:
• Alumni Admission Network
• Alumni Leadership Initiative
• Arts Council
• Board Development
• Distinguished Alumni Awards
• Events (Homecoming, Greek Reunion, 50th Reunion, Diamonds Are Forever, Summer Splash, etc.)
• Regional Events
• Student Engagement
• Teacher of the Year
Alumni Programs and Services:
- Alumni Admission Network - engages alumni in recruiting students and representing Kean.
- Alumni Mentoring Program and Career Network - keeps alumni active and involved with their alma mater and provides important career development insight to current students.
- Class and Constituency Reunions - for alumni of specific graduation years and constituency to reconnect with one another and with the University.
- Cultural Programs - opportunities for alumni to meet and network with one another, to enjoy campus activities and to reconnect with the University campus.
- Homecoming Weekend - activities for alumni, students, faculty, and staff to come together to cheer our Cougars to victory, to celebrate the season and the University.
- Regional Alumni Events - for alumni in regions of the country with high concentrations of alumni to network with one another and get updates on Kean's growth and development from University representatives.
- Scholarships - for undergraduate and graduate students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership, and contributions to extracurricular activities.
How Can I Get Involved?
Please contact the Alumni Relations Office at 888.737.ALUM (2586) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
To lean more about Alumni Relations, please visit our main website.