Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs Task Force (AToD)
Alcohol, tobacco and other drug use among college students pose as a complex problem on campuses requiring a comprehensive approach. Kean's Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs Task Force (AToD) was formed to serve a variety of functions in the area of prevention and intervention of substance use at Kean University. The task force is under the Division of Student Affairs and is overseen by the Office of Counseling and Disability Services. The AToD committee consists of leaders, from across the Kean community, who are in key departments that address student substance use.
The primary goal of the task force is to develop comprehensive methods to address the various alcohol and drug issues that arise within the University community. AToD’s mission it to address both environmental and individual factors to reduce substance use.
The committee’s main areas of focus are:
- Developing new policy; reviewing, enhancing and revising existing policy; and maintaining consistency in enforcement of policy.
- Implementing and coordinating educational programs (Peer Educators).
- Increase the awareness of campus resources.
The AToD Peer Educators offer workshop presentations on the following topics:
- Alcohol - ABC's of Alcohol
- Alcohol - Ladies Night
- Alcohol - The Party
- Marijuana - Marijuana 101
To request an AToD program, please click here to complete the online Cougar Link request form.