Students will step into the role of historian and have the opportunity to study and transcribe primary source documents, learn how to take an oral history and observe best practices for the preservation and handling of historical materials. Students will discover how historians and curators tell the story of previous generations through letters, documents and artifacts. After participating in an exhibit workshop, students will work collaboratively to create a museum quality display of artifacts. In addition, campus tours of Kean University can be arranged to coincide with your Liberty Hall Museum field trip.
The Historian’s Apprentice Details
- School Reservations: Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Morning and afternoon time slots are available.
- Recommended Grade Level: High School
- Program Length: 2 hours, additional time is needed if college tour is added.
- Group Limit: Up to 75 Students
- Admission: $10.00
- 1 free adult for every 10 students, additional adults are $12.00 each
Book Your Trip