Tutoring is available by appointment and on a walk-in basis. Sessions are one-on-one or in groups. The Center for Academic Success selects and trains both student and professional tutors.
Tutoring is offered in a wide range of undergraduate courses, and focuses on areas in which students most often experience difficulty, including introductory-level through senior-level courses. Tutorial activity is adapted to course content and objectives, and is an extension of classroom instruction. The goal is to provide all students the opportunity to achieve the highest grade possible, but more importantly, to master the academic content needed to progress in their academic careers.
Tutoring and Learning Support Services also works closely with departments such as the Spanish Speaking Program, the English as a Second Language Program, and the disability office to assist these students populations in addressing their specialized needs.
Fall and Spring Semesters:
Monday - Thursday 9:00AM - 7:00PM
Friday: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Saturday: 9:30AM - 1:30PM
Other hours available by appointment.
Policies and Regulation
By accepting a tutoring appointment, you agree to the following conditions:
- If you need to cancel an appointment, 24 hour notice is expected. Failure to do so may revoke tutoring privilidges for the duration of the semester.
- Tutoring will not be available for take-home exams.
- Be prepared for your tutoring session. Bring your books, notes, and any appropriate homework.
- Be on time. Tutors wait only 15 minutes before assisting another student.
- Be sure to schedule follow up appointments before you leave.