The Kean University Ed.D. in Educational Leadership program is dedicated to developing the next generation of educational leaders. With a focus on K-12 administration in public and charter schools, the doctoral program prepares future administrators with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively lead school districts and educational organizations.
The curriculum, based on an innovative, interdisciplinary, professional oriented model, integrates coursework and practical experience, culminating in a full-year internship in a school district or community education agency.
The Kean Ed.D. in Educational Leadership is designed to create an advanced and diverse learning environment which supports personal and professional growth.
Important features of the program include:
- Collaboration between leaders in schools, school districts and leaders in other educational and community agencies
- Evening, weekend, and summer classes to accommodate working professionals schedules
- Study of current research, theories and practices in urban education, leadership, policy, curriculum, and instruction
- Opportunity to engage in applied (action) research project, resulting in a doctoral dissertation
- An extensive internship in a school district, school, or other educational setting.
For a complete list of course descriptions and degree requirements, click here.