The Teacher Certification option prepares students to teach English in the public schools at all levels. It comprises essentially two majors: English literature and education. With respect to its English courses, it is the same course plan as that for the literature option along with the additional course of Young Adult Literature.
The program meets State standards for teacher certification in English P-12. Students choosing this option must apply to both the English Department and the Department of Middle and Secondary Education. For all transfers and new admissions to the University a G.P.A. of 3.00 is required for admission to the program.
- Major Guidesheet: B.A. in English, Teacher Certification P-12 Option (Effective Date: Fall 2015)
Help! Passing the Praxis Series Tests for Educators
Visit the Praxis Resource Center for help with passing the Praxis I Core Academic Skills Test and Praxis II Subject Assessment Test for English. Prior to admission to the English/Education Teacher Certification program, you must have passed the Praxis I test.
- Praxis Resource Center, Elizabeth Satchell
- Location: Hennings Hall, 320
- Telephone: 908-737-3880
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Praxis Resource Center
Other English Major Options
- B.A. in English, Literature Option
- B.A. in English, Writing Option
- B.A. in English, Dual Certification for Teacher of Students with Disabilities and P-12 Option
Complete List of English Courses
- List of Courses [PDF]