The Therapeutic Recreation option/Pre-OT option is an approved entry-level degree for a Master’s of Science in Occupational Therapy. Students take required courses to be certified as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist and additional courses to be eligible to apply to the OT Master’s Program in Junior year. Students should review the Occupational Therapy website to identify requirements.
For additional information on the Master’s in Occupational Therapy Program go to their website.
• American Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA): www.atra-online.com
• National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC): www.nctrc.org
• Therapeutic Recreation Directory: www.recreationtherapy.com
• New York State Therapeutic Recreation Association: www.nystra.org
• New Jersey Eastern PA Therapeutic Recreation Association: www.njepa-tra.com
• National Recreation and Park Association: www.nrpa.org
• Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association: www.canadian-tr.org