Applicants seeking a graduate degree (doctorate, professional diploma, master's) should visit the Nathan Weiss Graduate College website to learn more about graduation and/or certification requirements.
Office of Graduate Student Services, East Campus, 218A
908-737-5910; e-mail, email@example.com
Final deadline for filing the graduation and/or certification application
- First Friday in October for January graduates
- First Friday in February for May graduates
- First Friday in March for August graduates
Applications for January 2014 will be mailed after March 26, 2013
If you have not received your graduation application and you plan to graduate in January 2014, you may obtain an application form from the Office of the Registrar, Administration Building, first floor; or call the office at 908-737-3290. In Ocean County, you may obtain an application at the Kean Ocean administrative office in Room 10 of the Ocean County College library, 732-255-0356.
Applications for May and August 2014 will be mailed after July 30, 2013.
SUMMARY OF INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING GRADUATION APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Complete Degree Application (sent to you in mail)
- Fill out your Curriculum Guide Sheet in ink. (Click here for sample Curriculum Guidesheet) Obtain guide sheet from Major Department and obtain signature of Major Department Chairperson or Executive Director.
- Review your degree requirements with a Faculty advisor in your Major Department
- Complete second major/academic content area/minor/collateral guidesheet with signature of Department Chairperson or Executive Director. (Academic Content Areas (P-3 and K-5 Early Childhood, Elementary Education K-5. Elementary Bilingual K-5 and Special Education Majors K-5 majors Only)
- Account for all courses needed to complete graduation requirements
- Pay the required graduation fee and attach your receipt to your application
- Attach any Waivers/Substitutions
- Provide proof of name if needed (See Diploma Name Information in this document)
- Obtain all required signatures
- Submit by the published deadline
UNDERGRADUATE GRADUATION DEADLINES FOR 2014 CANDIDATES
All undergraduate students who have completed 82 or more credits will be mailed a 2014 graduation application in late March or late July 2013. Please review the graduation filing procedures outlined in this online document. Contact the Office of the Registrar at 908-737-3290 for additional questions.
Applications received by the following early deadlines will be evaluated prior to the Add / Drop registration of your final semester. You will be notified ONLY if there are any problems. Please note that this “ Early Evaluation” will provide an opportunity to clear problems affecting your graduation date.
EARLY SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR EVALUATION
APRIL 25, 2013 FOR JANUARY 2014
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013 FOR MAY AND AUGUST 2014
Applications received AFTER the above early submission dates will be accepted for the appropriate graduation dates, but will not have the privilege of “Early Evaluation.” These applications must be mailed or brought into the Office of the Registrar by the following dates:
FINAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR LATE FILING OF APPLICATION
SEPTEMBER 12, 2013 FOR JANUARY 2014
JANUARY 23, 2014 FOR MAY AND AUGUST 2014
SUBMISSION OF GRADES
Incomplete grades, all grade changes, repeat grade recalculations and transfer credits must be completed and posted to your record no later than two weeks after the graduation date. For January 2014 degree candidates the deadline is February 4, 2014. For May degree candidates the deadline is June 5, 2014. For August degree candidates the deadline is September 3, 2014.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to participate in May 2014 Commencement ceremony, all required coursework must be completed by the end of Summer II 2014.
Click here for more Undergraduate Graduation Application Information.