Home > Academics > Colleges and Schools > College of Natural, Applied & Health Sciences > Joint Programs > Physical Therapy > Degree Requirements - Physical Therapy
Degree Requirements - Physical Therapy
Successful admission to the program is based on:
- A satisfactory cumulative grade-point average (A-B range) from all colleges attended
- A minimum GPA of (A-B range) in prerequisite courses
- Graduate Record Examination scores - GRE General test which includes three sections: verbal, quantitative, and analytical
- Field Experience – Applicants must demonstrate experience, as a volunteer or as a paid worker, in at least two different clinical settings prior to applying to the DPT program
- References – Letters of recommendation are required from two clinical sites where the field experience was obtained. In addition, one personal letter of recommendation is required.
- Other requirements – Students must submit transcripts from all colleges and universities attended and must show extracurricular or work experience that demonstrates interpersonal skills, leadership capabilities and general interest in the healthcare profession.
After application to the DPT Program, the Admissions Committee may contact applicants to schedule an interview at UMDNJ in Newark.
All General Education and major requirements, as well as the following prerequisite courses:
PSY 1000 General Psychology* 3
CHEM 1083 Chemistry I 4
CHEM 1084 Chemistry II 4
BIO 3403 Anatomy and Physiology I** 4
BIO 3404 Anatomy and Physiology II ** 4
PHYS 2091 General Physics I 4
PHYS 2092 General Physics II 4
MATH 2411 Calculus I 3