Charity and Distress Collection Bin Policy
The University recognizes the benefit of permitting student groups and departments an opportunity to conduct charitable and distress collection activities on campus in order to encourage positive leadership excellence and social consciousness in a complex global community.
The Center for Leadership and Service maintains administrative responsibility for the approval of all charity/distress collection bins throughout the campus. Availability of space is limited and priority will be given to official University efforts.
- Only recognized student groups and departments are permitted to sponsor charity/distress collection bins.
- Collections must be on behalf of a nonprofit charitable organization.
- Recognized student groups and departments requesting the use of collection bin space must complete an online Charity/Distress Bin Application on the Center for Leadership and Service website.
- The Charitable and Distress Bin Collection Application will be reviewed and approved and/or denied.
- Once the charitable/distress bin request has been approved, it may be placed for a period of two (2) weeks in specified locations. Only one (1) bin per location is permitted. A list of approved bin placement locations is available in University Center room 219.
- All charity/distress collections bins will be assigned on a first come first served basis.
- All charity/distress collection bins must be emptied at least twice a week by the sponsoring student group/department.
- All charity/distress collection bins may not obstruct entrances or exits and must comply with fire code regulations.
- All collection bins must have a printed flyer attached to the front of the bin which has been approved and stamped by Center for Leadership and Service. The flyer must include the name of student group or department sponsor, start and end date of collection, purpose of collection, description of requested collection items and name of charitable organization to receive collection items.
For a listing of Charitable and Distress Collection Bin site, please click here.
Center for Leadership and Service
University Center, room 219
- > About the Center for Leadership and Service
- > Clubs & Organizations
- > Co-Curricular Transcripts
- > Community & Volunteer Services
- > The Cougar's Byte
- > Greek Life
- > Leadership Programs
- > Cougar Link
- > Forms and Policies
- > Kean Ocean Campus Life
- > Find Us on Facebook!
- > Charity and Distress Collection Bin Sites